Tuesday, December 23, 2008

winter wonderland?

So Michigan is going to have a white Christmas for the first time in Lord knows how many years. And apparently it won't stop snowing, or at least that's what Andy says. They had a couple inches last week and then another foot a few days ago. It snowed overnight. Plus whatever has accumulated in between. Nothing's melted cause it's freezing cold. Because of the budget cuts the city of Mount Clemens can't afford to plow every road, which means my parent's street gets excluded since it's merely a court. This doesn't affect my Dad, whose truck can drive through anything, but my Mom was stuck at home for three days. Though I believe that was the case last year too. It took 45 minutes to get my little Focus down my street on the morning after my birthday because it didn't get plowed.

To say I'm grateful not to be dealing with that right now would be an understatement.

No comments: